VRage Editor Text Issues

DonCDXX shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

I'm having difficulty reading the text in the editor.

First I tried running it in my monitor's native resolution of 3840 X 2160. Everything was truncated too short. Attached file "Example 1" shows the issue. It makes incredibly difficult to know what I'm clicking on and complete negates the usefulness of the tips in the bottom left.

I decided to switch to a smaller resolution, 2560 X 1440. Now the toolbox has the left side cut off, the tips in the bottom left cut off portions, and there are other sizing options. Attached file "Example 2" shows what I mean. I can't see the first few letters of whatever I type in the search bar.

As far as I can tell, there are no resizing options. Is there a preferred resolution? Is there setting to fix this I don't see? Is there anything at all I can do to fix this or do I need to wait for a bug fix?

I'd recommend that the editor have it's own settings for font size and to allow everything to be resized. While you're at it, customizable color themes would be nice too. I prefer the dark background with light text over the normal dark text and light background.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I've been trying to find a work around and have more data that might help identify the bug.

I delete the layout.xml and run the editor again. During this run, everything is properly scaled, but the toolbox tab is blank.

Then I close the program and run it again. This time the toolbox has all the options visible and they are all close enough to being in the correct place that I can use it.

After the program is closed an run again, the toolbox becomes misaligned. Each following load without deleting the layout.xml further pushes the toolbox out of view. After about 3 reloads without deleting the layout.xml, I can no longer choose from the "events" or "events with keys" groups as they've moved completely out of clickable area.

I hope this information helps with fixing the bug.

I forgot to mention, I'm using Windows 7. I don't know if that'll help with fixing the bug, but it seemed worth mentioning.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file