Constant game crashes (once during intro)

Malte Schmick shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

Bought the game on Steam, tried 1st scenario and custom game, but the game keeps intermittenly freezing, sometimes taking Windows down as well. The last couple of times, the log showed:

Thread: 15 -> Checking file access for files in target dir.

as the last line. Did not check before...

As a second problem: the game keeps requesting admin privilages with every start from Steam. Very annoying. I'm playing as a regular user, but have an admin account's credentials.

I've uninstalled and re-installed, tried fullscreen and windowed mode with different graphics settings. I'll try to get the game refunded by Steam...

Replies (4)

photo

Do you have a Ryzen Processor?

photo

I have a very similar problem and do have a Ryzen processor. Is there a work around?

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12-Core

photo

Yes, I also have a Ryzen 9 3900x 12-Core, as you can see from the Log-file.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi,

As an unnofficial workaround, some people have reported success with replacing a dll in the space engineers folder with one from the mod SDK, as detailed here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/0/2259060348500655858/

"Go to your library on steam and find the tools tab. Find space engineers - mod sdk and install it. It's a free dev tool that Keen released to everyone. Open its folder and then open Bin64_Profile. Copy VRage.Library.dll. Now open your space enineers folder and paste this .dll in its Bin64 folder. Click yes to replace the existing one.

The only issue seems to be periodic stutter, but I haven't noticed it on my R9 3900X and GTX 1080ti.

Edit: Do be aware that you'll need to replace this .dll file every time the game is updated (or at least each major update)."

photo

So far so good with overwriting that DLL file. I've been running for 2 hours straight now with zero issues. Seems to load faster, everything's more responsive (exiting, saving, etc) Thanks to whomever figured that cool trick out. I was 10 minutes from buying a Intel board and CPU.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file