unstable physics

RALLAN shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

I built a wheeled drilling vehicle with a movable drilling section attached to a rotor and a piston. This vehicle was not well balanced and it overturned when I moved the rotor too far. I expected this but I did not expect the uncontrollable, wild and continuous spin that followed. I exited the vehicle and watched as it proceeded to destroy itself as it bounced around on a perfectly flat surface. This did not stop even after the drills were broken off. It was behaving as though there was a single thruster stuck on full power. But the vehicle only had wheels. All I could do was watch it bounce around thinking "where is all this energy coming from?". It looked like it was never going to stop.

Replies (2)

photo

When the spinning stopped briefly, I separated off the rotor from the rest of the vehicle and everything calmed down. So I conclude that the model for the rotor had gone wrong.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file