This object is in archive! 

[1.198] Crouching not affecting hit position

Slushtrap Gamer shared this bug 3 years ago
Solved

As of the latest update, crouching doesn't seem to affect where the rifle fires. The attached pictures show the exact same hit position, albeit in one i'm crouching. Recoil is not a factor as a single shot from a precise rifle was fired in the same direction, with and without crouching; resulting in the attached pictures.

Note that when crouching, the hit-effect appears above the crosshair, as if i was not crouching at all. Testing reveals that the shoot indeed hits that same spot, crouched or not, as the test dummy gets hit in both cases.

Testing also reveals that this is true for all bullet-firing character weapons. The only exception is the rocket launcher and its two versions, which seems to work properly.

Replies (8)

photo

This is also GREATLY and NEGATIVELY affecting "hand drills". Before, you had to crouch do start drilling downwards. Now, I crouch, nadda, crouch crouch crouch wtf this is insane. Then... if I'm crouched trying to dig and clear out under a base, I end up DESTROYING the blocks above me!

It has never been this bad. Its royally fubar'd and what you describe with weapons, sounds exactly what is happening with drills. This really needs a quick fix... because its horrific trying to hand-drill now.

photo

Noticed the same today. This bug only occurs when you are connected to a server, AFAICT. Hit marks on the wall after a standing and a crouched shot overlap perfectly.

73b3ce9e74e896ea56a4caf3443badb6

When you look straight up or down your shots will also be way off.

photo

Hello, All!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and providing the screenshots and information. I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it internally. I have also reproduced the issue with the hand drill while crouching and mentioned this too.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello!

This issue will be fixed this week in a hotfix. :)

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Great, was wondering what was up with hand drilling since the update, this explains a lot. Guess I'll hold off on playing the game until whenever the hotfix happens.

photo

Hello, everyone!

This issue is fixed in a version 198.027. Can you please update your game and retest?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The hit position is fixed, (including when aiming 90° up or down). Thx.

84575352935cb33f7034726993687300

photo

Thanks for confirming!

photo

This issue has not been fixed for hand Drills and crouching. Its still painful as ever to try and 'dig downwards'. Many times it just destroys things behind you, and never digs. I guess whatever fix was done for guns, was not applied to hand drills... when hand drills were broken at the same time.

Replies have been locked on this page!