Current bugs in 0.7.1.649EB1 [MP and SP]
These are the following bugs I ran into via Dedicated server, both with updated mods and same test with no mods. Mods did not impact the gameplay nor will be at blame. I've tested this on multiple computers and multiple servers to see if they persisted, they did.
- Object detection - There is a sweet spot by a specific range you need to be to pick up items. (picking crops, rocks, felled tree logs, branches and so forth).
- Object removal upon picking up items - Sometimes when you pick items off the groud, berry bushes, roots the items still remain until a restart of the client.
- Shovel Range Changed - Using the shovel on dirt or soft ore there is weird spots you have to hit, in order to dig properly. There is lag on the tooltip that updates if you are able to dig or invalid place to dig. Also the digging is much different from 0.6.x as I have to be in a sweet spot in order to dig properly.
- Pickup Items Tooltip (bottom left) - Even in 0.6.x the tooltips randomaly showed up. Not synced or working properly. Sync code maybe needs to be tweaked?
- Block Placement always max range - When placing any block in the game, it will be default now have it zoomed max range where you have to hold control and scroll to bring it closer in order to build. Some of the new people introduced to the game get a bit confused why their crafting tables, furnaces and so forth get placed underground.
- AI broke - Deer do not run from players. Out of 10 deer, only one ran from me at the same range as in 0.6.x. Also once you hit them, they just stand there and do not retreat.
- FPS drop - The graphics are much better but sacrificed a big FPS drop. It locks up while sprinting most times. I run most current hardware as I work in IT/Programmer for a living. 2080 TI, Ryzen 7, 64 gigs Kingston HyperX Fury ram, ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, ThermalTake RGB View 37 full size, Thermaltake Liquid Cooler, Samsung 970 Pro Nano SSD. Hopefully this is something Keen will tweak and balance after a few more patches. :)
I will update this as I progress on my fresh server. This is merely a bug report that I've experienced as well as friends on multiple dedicated servers I run. This is not bashing Keen or ranting. I love Keen as they are amazing. I just hope they address most of these issues.