Pulley

Collin Barker shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

To add to the mechanical block system and focus of this game, rope based pulleys would be well used. First thing I tried making was a system of carts that would pull each other up hill at opposite times based on weight. The tech existed at this time too, water wells relied on them to get water out of the ground

Replies (1)

photo

make a rope pulley system

photo

This does not work for what I am referring to. This is good for moving rotation to a new location, I want to reverse linear movement, and lift things more efficiently

photo

to unroll one rope drum while rolling up another. Reverse your placement of your second rope drum, their directional depending on mounting. might take a couple tries if its on 2 separate grids, if its on the same grid the drum will hold its placement, just rotate it 180 when placing the 2nd drum

photo

to reverse direction on something other than drums, learn to make timber peg cogs. similar to the recently added large block drive system, peg cogs are little jumpy but does the work. Or you could just play with the "gears mod", and let the dev's focus on more important things until the game is stable.

photo

Do they run on their own, or will they need the handle to turn them? I am hoping for something gravity driven

photo

Make a Klang Engine if you want it automated...

photo

Having rope pulleys that could be used to simple change the direction of a rope would be a great improvement, at the moment you can't really build a proper crane, with a winding gear at the base and the rope looped over a pulley on an arm, your forced instead to place the winding gear at the top of the structure :-(

photo

Exactly, Neil. Reverse motion and even apply mechanical advantage by multiple pulleys on the crane "hook". Rotation is ok, but so much more can be made in this game with linear motion of rope

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file