Multiplayer session on xCloud causes game to crush

Vlad shared this bug 23 days ago
Won't Fix

Hello,

I am experiencing a problem running the Space Engineers game on xCloud under certain conditions.

Currently, the issue arises only when I am joining a multiplayer session hosted by a dedicated server from Nitrado. In the beginning of the game, everything worked fine, but as time passed (about 20 hours of gameplay), I experienced the first anomaly - some of the visual effects like smoke or sparkles were not rendering anymore until the restart of the Nitrado server. A few days later, I had the first crash of the game. The second crash followed a few hours of gameplay later. Then, the game stopped working for longer than 10 minutes. Let me explain. In Space Engineers, there are 2 types of loading. First (classic loading) is where the game loads the world and spawns a player in it. Then the "Streaming" phase comes, where the game communicates with the server, seemingly, in order to load world parameters like topography, resources, weather, etc. This is where the game crashes all the time. About 10 minutes after the player is spawned and the "Streaming" phase begins, the game freezes for a few seconds and crashes, closing the xCloud session.

I've tried to debug this issue for a few days, here's what I learned:

- Only the multiplayer session is affected by this bug. Singleplayer is okay.

- My friend who is running the game locally on a Windows PC has none of these issues while connecting to the same server.-

- I also installed the game on my Windows laptop, and although it was very laggy due to my poor laptop performance, I had no crashes nor visual problems. So, the problem arises only on xCloud.

- I reinstalled the Nitrado server and restored the saved game - the issue persists.

- I tried to juggle with server parameters but with no success.

- If I restore a saved game that dates a few days back, the game works for a few minutes after the "Streaming" phase, then crashes.

- I activated verbose network logging on the server but it gave me no errors, only the message that the client was unexpectedly disconnected.

- I tried to run the xCloud session using Edge and the Xbox app for Windows, there was no difference.

I don't have access to xCloud logs, so I am unable to investigate further but I will contact xCloud support about this issue.

Please, let me know if I can provide you with any other information.

Regards,

Replies (2)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

Unfortunately we don't provide support for cloud gaming. Please contact xCloud support instead.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

Leave a Comment

Attach a file