Space Engineers wants me to install DirectX 11 but I already have DirectX 12

Steven Nguyen shared this bug 47 days ago
Solved

I downloaded Space Engineers from the Xbox app on PC, I have already looked for blogs about this bug, but they all refer to Steam and not Microsoft Store or the Xbox app, I tried looking for Space Engineers CFG. File because that was what the blogs wanted me to do, but I was unsuccessful, I also had DirectX 12 installed, but the game wanted me to install DirectX 11 even though DirectX 12 consists everything of DirectX 11. I never ever had Space Engineers launching successfully, so things might be different (I am not sure). (Also I am running Windows 11 OS)

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Engineer.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

Could you please attach a screenshot of the error message you're getting when attempting to start the game?

Could you please send us your log after attempting to launch the game?

Log files are located in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I am currently resetting my PC, my friend gave me the CFG. File I needed but the issue still persisted, I am trying to find out if its an issue with my PC as of right now.

photo

It worked, it was the PC acting up, thank you for still trying to help me with it!!!!

photo

Hello, Engineer.

Thank you for letting us know, happy to hear that the issue is resolved on your side.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file