info glitch when trading pcu between accounts wipes incorrect grids

daniel devereux shared this bug 4 months ago
Won't Fix

I dont even know what to say, the info screen has been glitched for days showing old builds as 0 block 0 pcu.

I tried to delete one and it deleted my base, everything is gone, everything i had was in that base.

Days of grinding gone because of some glitch with info screen.

I was playing on Official multiplayer uk1

Attached video shows what happened and its still showing some 0 block 0 pcu info despite EVERYTHING being gone.

Replies (8)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Could you please tell us what happened before the screen glitched? Did it happen when setting ownership to another player specifically?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I have a PC alt contactdan through steam for additional pcu and welder/drill use etc.

When i assign to that alt in my faction it leaves a 0 block, 0 pcu info behind as seen in the video, at the time I only had a base.

I had just scrapped my main ship to rebuild so there was only 1 active grid, the rest in the info was the error 0 blocks.

My screen didn't glitch the, glitch info for a old build that was still listed in my info deleted my main grid. As in the video the info i tried to delete was a small grid and the one it deleted was a large grid.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Just to confirm, you have transferred the grid from an Xbox client to a PC client, but it remained in the Info screen for the Xbox client but showed 0 blocks and 0 PCU.

Can we ask what was visible on the PC side, was the grid observable there?

Thank you for your patience

Kind Regards

photo

It showed the grid once transferred and deleted once deleted with no glitch.

Xbox side only.

Did not remove from xbox account once grid deleted from alts info.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

Unfortunately we've been unable to reproduce the issue on our side so far. Could you please let us know which client owned the grid when authorship was transferred? Was it the Xbox client, PC client or Nobody?

PC client was online at the time of transfer, correct?

Has anything out of the ordinary happen when you were transferring the authorship, like a server restart?

If we understand correctly, no mods are used on that server, could you confirm that?

Kind Regards

photo

Im on Xbox official server UK 1

I logged on my alt and transfered blocks from Space Marine352 (Xbox) to contactdan (PC - Steam)

Nothing out the ordinary happened that I can tell (server restarts etc)

I think though am not sure that it may have something to do with adding restricted blocks i.e. adding more than 5 drills/welders etc than the standard 5.

It could also be adding blocks to a transferred build, so i add blocks to a build I have transferred and it has info for both owners info section, then when its deleted it remains on xbox users info.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for the information, we're investigating the issue.

Could you please tell us if the grid remained shown as 0 blocks 0 PCU after you've added a restricted block to it, did that block appear as a separate entry in the Info screen or did it increase the count to 1 block and some PCU value?

You mentioned you still have 0 PCU entries in the Info screen despite not having any grids, is that correct?

Kind Regards

photo

Yes the o block 0 pcu grid errors persist, I now have 3 active grids on uk 1 official multiplayer a large grid ship and 2 small grid ships.

Video contains my current info screen with multiple info errors.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/space-marine352/video/183051004

Originally it just transferred to the other account normally, then when having blocks added to it, it showed as a new info with (for example) 5 blocks X pcu etc then at some point they became error ether through the destruction or removal of the grid.

I just need to know if buying the alt was whats causing the problem with my game, if having a second account is the issue then i can just get the alt refunded or something as a game breaker. I'm not looking for long term problems over a alt, the official restrictions on drills/pcu are to much but i can play one of the unofficial servers if is a issue since its only official servers that have that issue.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

As far as we can tell from the current testing, this issue has extremely low reproducibility rates. Deleting the 0 PCU grids from your info screen will resolve the current issue.

Please let us know if the issue repeats itself.

We will update this thread as soon as we reproduce it on our side and report it to our internal system.

Kind Regards

photo

Deleting has no effect it just deletes whatever active grid you have, as such i am unable to remove this error.

photo

Trying to delete when no active grids does not remove ether.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

Unfortunately we've been unable to reproduce the issue on our side using that server's configuration.

Could you please send us logs?

To send logs, you can follow those steps:

1. Reproduce the issue attempting to join the server and attempting to delete a 0 PCU grid
  2. Press Y on gamepad or F1 on keyboard in the Main Menu or Pause Menu to open Help screen
  3. Open section Report issue
  4. Fill up email address (required) and description (optional)
  5. Press ‘Send report’ to send it
  6. Update this thread with details filled in the report for us to be able to identify it

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

After losing everything AGAIN to the same glitch I have abandoned your game and refunded my pc alt so will no longer be assisting you in this issue, I won't spend weeks working on something to lose it all to bad coding, you never even offered to roll back or replace my weeks of lost work so I'll leave this with you, I wont be assisting you.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

We are sorry to hear you've experienced this issue again. Thank you for letting us know about it as we've requested previously.

Unfortunately we have no access to server administration.

Official Keen Software House servers are hosted by Keen and maintained by community members. These volunteers provide day-to-day support to our community.

To resolve an issue on an official Space Engineers server, please take the following steps:

~Please contact a server Administrator on your server.

~Join our official Discord server https://discord.gg/keenswh

~Contact a server Administrator in the #Help-for-official-servers Discord channel

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House

Leave a Comment

Attach a file