Space Standoff - Strange rotation aura around grids

Udrakan Morturim shared this bug 7 months ago
Reported

I'm not sure this is specific to Space Standoff but that's where I notice it regularly. Basically when a large grid starts rotating, it's rotating motion is transfered to nearby characters even with jetpack off and even to other grids as shown in the 2 videos below. I can notice this trend constantly though in a very small dose. On the video are extreme cases, though during these times my connection was stable and all other actions and separate movements were responsive.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Engineer,

Thank you for contacting Keen Software House. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues.

We can see from the videos that you have relative dampeners enabled. This feature means that you keep up with a ship attempting to move as the ship moves.

Relative dampeners are enabled when leaving a cockpit of a moving ship.

You can disable them using the same controls as regular dampeners.

Please let us know if disabling relative dampeners solves your issue.

Thank you for your patience,

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, relative dampeners are active only in the first part of the first part in "rotation bug 2". After I entered the ship's cockit, the dampeners are not relative. In "Rotation bug 1" I don't have relative dampeners turned on whatsoever. Furthermore, this rotation affects you even if you turn off the jetpack entirely (sorry I don't have it on video). Furthermore in "rotation bug 2" my ship is moved through terrain and grid by the phantom rotation.

photo

Even if that was the relative dampeners i dont see a reason why you should spin along side the ship you lock on to as if it's a big ship you're just gonna spin in place next to it. It's not like you can follow a certain block on the ship.

photo
photo

Hello Engineer,

Could you please update to the latest version and tell us if the issue is still present?

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, I'm not sure whether any matches of Standoff will ever occur again to test this bug. I've asked the community manager whether they would be willing to make a sub-channel on the Keen discord for folks to organise Standoff (and possibly other PvP scenario) matches, as it's impossible to wait in lobby on the server (due to autokick). Discord server mod straight up said "we aren't making a separate channel for 1 game mode". Please, don't let people put arbitrary roadblocks in front of making more players know about this mode! It's the first keen-made PvP scenario that me and a bunch of random engineers have been playing for several days in row!

photo

Hello Engineer,

We've consulted with the community management team and at the moment we can recommend using multiplayer-xbox channel for any xbox-specific multiplayer activities and multiplayer-se for cross-platform.

Kind regards,

photo
photo

Hello Engineer,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're manage to reproduce the issue again, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

photo

this bug has been present for years, its bloody annoying, i will try to get some videos soon as i am back playing again, btw its on all platforms, and more easily reproduceable with rotating grids

photo

Hello Engineer,

We've reopened this ticket due to finding another way to reproduce the issue using rotating grids.

We've reported the issue to our internal system. We will update this thread when we know more.

Thank you for your patience,

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file