Space Standoff - Medical room can be griefed too easily

Udrakan Morturim shared this bug 7 months ago
Not a Bug

Somebody turned off the medical room at the start of match before most ppl could spawn and half the server disconnected when they couldn't spawn or be informed because chat is disabled in respawn screen. Theoretically a player can hop between servers simply turning off or grinding medical rooms and disallow players to even join the match. Perhaps the medroom should be invulnerable. There are countless ways to grief of course, but this one is just too easy and on the nose.

Suggestions:

-invulnerable medical room block

-inaccessible timer (similiar to medroom batteries right now) that keeps turning medroom on

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Engineer,

Thank you for contacting Keen Software House.

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues.

We can confirm that there is an inaccessible timer that turns medrooms on every second.

Unfortunately we cannot make the medrooms invulnerable as destroying your opponent's spawn points and killing all opponents are one of the victory options.

As far as we know, the only way to disable a medical room during the pre-match phase is with Admin Tools, regular players don't have access to the timer or grinders while in the spawn room.

Could please let us know if you find a way to disable the medical room in the scenario before the match starts without the Admin Tools?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello,

I confirm there is a working timer that I missed.

I confirm medical room cannot be damaged before the doors to the station open.

I understand that it is intentional to keep the medical room damagable by the enemy team and I'm not sure it's possible to prevent our own team from intentionally damaging the medical rooms. Of course there were griefers but usually the damage was repairable and we all stayed alert in chat, however when somebody damaged the medical rooms, 1 person gets stuck in the spawn menu and they can't tell the others due to no chat in that menu. Then a 2nd person gets stuck there etc. I understand it's possible for the living players to notice the medical rooms are off if they walk past it, but what fun is it to wait stuck in the menu, unable to communicate, hoping somebody notices? Again I'm not sure it's a fixable problem due to the nature of the sandbox and the victory conditions but my feedback is that it brought server population from about 12 to 7.

photo

Hello Engineer,

We value your input! Please submit a ticket to the feedback section, that way it will be taken for consideration by appropriate departments much more quickly.

As for now we can say that there also are medical rooms/survival kits on both ships that are activated by the sensors, that can help with the respawning after the match begins.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file