The voxels in Asteroid Armory are respawning

Shawn shared this bug 11 months ago
Solved

The first time it happened I loaded up the scenario with the mods shown in the screenshot (just in case the issue is with one of them) and walked to the room where the small grid railgun turret is facing into a voxel wall, hopped into the cockpit on the turret and when I jumped out of it I appeared on top of the asteroid and the entire base had been refilled with voxels. Figuring it was a fluke I just reloaded a backup and it was fine until...

The second time, I was flying around outside of the base, turned the camera away, then heard some clang (thankfully I was playing with arcade sound) and turned around to find the asteroid had filled itself in again and destroyed all my small grids. The first time I'd only been playing for a few minutes. The second it had been several hours.

Because I was in the middle of testing I just used the voxel hand to delete all the voxels. I tried to add more to the area but the "voxel box" or whatever it's called was located to the side by quite a ways. I decided against trying to spawn a new one in the appropriate spot. I can upload the world if you think it will help but figured I'd fill you in on the situation to avoid wasting time.

Thanks for all your hard work. Still really loving the game!

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Engineer,

We are aware of the issue, we've added your report to our internal system. We will update this ticket when we know more.

This is happening due to Trash Removal. You can prevent voxel reversal by, for example, having a grid you own inside the asteroid. Default grids in the scenario are owned by NPCs and thus don't prevent the reversal.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This issue should be resolved in version 203.5

Leave a Comment

Attach a file