Hitting or getting close to shape limit makes save file Unusable. (XBOX)

John Dawson shared this bug 11 months ago
Won't Fix

So I've been working on a 1:1 scale version of Anchor 9 from halo reach and got pretty far through starting last year and had been working on it every now and again since 2 days ago hitting the Shapes limit. getting annoyed by this I saved the world and logged off.

since then I've been unable to boot up that world and tried one or 2 backups with no change. after starting the loading process it will load to the point of almost in, then the game would hard crash me to the Xbox Home, when booting the game back up I'm not met with any error message like too much memory, etc it just acts as I've booted without crashing.

I was able to load other saves but with various loading issues until I was met with the infinite loading bug that when exiting the game will break SE that plagued me for the rest of the day happening several times forcing me to have to hard reset my console or go to the beta version of the game specifically an online server on the beta that usually for some reason allows me to get back into SE, this until this morning when neither solution allowed me to access SE booting to a black screen infinitely. the only solution left to my knowledge is to uninstall and reinstall the game which I did without knowing that this would for some reason wipe my backup folders for all my saves so I can't even try to access the backups of my save.

I'm on an Xbox Series X

I am in experimental with a few mods but nothing crazy,

Even removing all the mods on the world doesn't change anything even though most of the structure would separate moving it further away from the Shape Limit

I can share the world file but I don't want it public until it's finished

Replies (5)

photo

I've tried to bring the save to my PC although my PC doesn't have a graphics card it's still somewhat functional but even then it doesn't successfully load the save but does bring up a message:

An error occurred while loading the world.

The world may be Corrupt and cant be loaded.

Please, restart the game and start again.

photo

Hello Engineer,

You can change the block limit in the Advanced World Settings. We can take a look at your save if you upload it to mod.io and share a link in this thread. You can change visibility to hidden via mod.io website.

However we can only do so with a world without mods, unfortunately we do not provide mod support.

Kind regards

Keen Software House

photo

yes, you can disable the block limit but this is the Physics shape limit that from what I've managed to find is hard-baked into the game and is the same regardless of platform, settings, or hardware that affects the physics of the grid once you pass it, making the grid lose most of its physical properties mainly not being able to stand on the grid or continue building.

this limit is annoying and it's unlikely it will change at least in the near future but the problem isn't the limit it's that if you build close to the limit then save and exit then the world no longer fully loads but hard crashes at least on Xbox and then the same world on PC as my previous comment mentions you will be given at least an error message before being sent back to the menu.

I have a friend who was able to look through the save file and extract the grid into a new save for me so losing the grid isn't the issue anymore it's just as mentioned above and with more people with PlayStation jumping in that will ultimately believe as it's a sandbox game that they can build without limits and inevitably a fair few people will possibly build to the scale I have and have this occur but not have a friend on PC that can bring some hope to their possible loss.

photo

Hello Engineer,

To report the issue we need to be able to reproduce it on our side. It would really help us reproduce the issue if you uploaded the grid you've made as a blueprint to mod.io and shared a link.

Regarding the limit you're describing, it is on the per-grid basis. Using Rotors or Hinges and splitting your creation into sub-grids could help avoiding reaching that limit.

Kind regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello Engineer,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file