This object is in archive! 

(Automatons) Boundary Priority

Steven Mcgreagor shared this feedback 14 months ago
Not Enough Votes

the AI should prioritize its minimum altitude (any distance restrictions in general) over the distance to its target. For example: currently when the AI has the task of following the player, and the player plummets below the minimum altitude of the drone, the drone will accelerate to its maximum set speed towards the player until it reaches its altitude floor, as long as it hasn’t reached the minimum distance to the player. At that point it will start slowing down and climb back up to its minimum altitude and follow the player from there. A better way would be if the drone slowed down before it hit the altitude floor so it could stop at its minimum altitude. This would prevent the drone from going below its floor and possibly crashing into the ground, if it’s set low enough.

Replies (1)

photo

I have seen some of my test ships crash even when the minimum altitude was set to 500m and i had safety parachutes set to 75m on titan, wIth hydrogen propulsion. It seems like they should incorporate terrain data into the flight model as the AI seems eager to crash in mountains and hills.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file