This object is in archive! 

Automatons

Steven Mcgreagor shared this bug 13 months ago
Won't Fix

(Xbox, only known on small grid) drones do not use gyroscopes as much as they should when using *stay at range* and *evasive maneuvers*. This causes them to be inaccurate and not able to aim at their target when moving at high speeds

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Are you experiencing this in atmosphere or in space?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Atmosphere, and when I say they aren’t using gyroscopes as much as they should, I mean that they don’t turn as much as they should in order to hit their target accurately

photo

Hello, Engineer!

How serious is the accuracy issue? There's a threshold, grid should be shooting while the enemy is within a certain degree from the weapon. It is entirely possible that some shots miss, especially at high speeds.

If you could provide a video that'd help us understand the issue and determine if it's a bug or behavior as intended.

Thank you,

Kind Regards

photo

The issue of it being a bit inaccurate is not a major problem. As you said, there is a threshold. it’s that, when at high speeds, it won’t turn enough to be aiming at the target at all times, even if it has the capability to. I can provide a video when I get the chance

photo

As you can see in this video, the fighter doesn’t use gyroscopes as much as it should in order to hit its target. When flying the ship around myself it can turn really well, way more than it does here. The drone is set to 500-700m away at 100m minimum altitude.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for the video. This does indeed seem like an issue. Would it be possible to publish a world save to mod.io and send a link to this thread?

Thank you,

Kind Regards

photo

I can whenever I get the chance

photo

I forgot to change the name of the world, but you should just be able to download the most recent version of the world. Everything should be set up, you just have to turn on the AI blocks https://mod.io/g/spaceengineers/m/hit-and-run-ai-bug-example

photo

Hello Engineer,

We couldn't reproduce it on our side, seems like the issue you're describing has been fixed after the beta ended. We will close this ticket.

Thank you for providing the world, we appreciate your continuous active cooperation with the QA team.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!