This object is in archive! 

Med Room bugging out after Official Server Crashes

Corey L. shared this bug 15 months ago
Solved

Over the past few days I've been having a problem with my ship's Medical Room.

When server "US-EOS #6" crashes and kills my character (which is on my ship, with in about 50 meters of my Med Room) I get forcibly spawned more than 2,000 km away onto a friendly spawn point.

My Med Room appears in Spawn Menu as "Not ready", but if I die near my ship to anything else, I will respawning at it.

The Med Room is set to "No Share", is powered, has a decent supply for O2 & H2, and is in a pressurised room.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Engineer,

are you getting respawned immediately or is a respawn screen prompted?

Thank you,

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

After the sever comes back online, when I load into the server I will immediately respawn... However for some reason it won't respawn at the closest Survival Kit or Med Room, instead it sends me to the next closest spawn point (and by closest I mean "a spawn point that is at minimum 2,000 km from my body location).

Last time it did this my character died in one of our factions Fleet Staging Areas that at any given time has +5 Survival Kits and/or Med Rooms (all of which are set to "Share with Faction"). But instead of respawning me at my Med Room or any of these, I end up respawning on one of the faction Member's ship that is a little over 2,000 km away.

How I'm ending up on the Respawn Screen is by repetitively selecting "respawn" in order to try to spawn back on my ship. Which as you see in the first post, it won't let me spawn on.

photo

Hello Engineer,

That sounds like behavior as intended for the auto-respawn setting on the server. You can choose which Med Room you want to respawn at by using the respawn feature and accessing the Respawn Screen.

If the Med Room is marked as Not Ready in the Respawn Screen, it hasn't loaded in yet. Select it and wait for it to load in.

How often do you experience those server crashes? Could you send us a log when you do?

To send logs, you can follow those steps:

1. Reproduce the issue
  2. Press Y on gamepad or F1 on keyboard in the Main Menu or Pause Menu to open Help screen
  3. Open section Report issue
  4. Fill up email address (required) and description (optional)
  5. Press ‘Send report’ to send it
  6. Update this thread with details filled in the report for us to be able to identify it

Thank you,

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

These crashes that I've referred to are occurring on the Official Server "US-EOS #6". Most commonly the crashes occur on Sunday's (normally at least one to two times), and the server is usually down for anywhere from 30 minutes to more that 3 hours (usually someone ends up having to go to the Keen Software House Discord and "@Official Game Admins" and request for the server to be manually restarted... this is very frequently the case).

For the Spawn Screen showing the Med Room as 'Not Ready'... I've on multiple occasions tried waiting for it and after about 15 to 30 minutes it still displays 'Not Ready'. In addition usually by this point the Spawn Menu has started streaming which then traps me in that menu, the only way out (that I've found) is to Fully Close my game and reopen it.

I will acquire and post the requested 'report' below later tonight.

photo

Hello Engineer,

The issue with being stuck in the Respawn screen on streaming sounds like what we're already aware of. We will add your ticket to our internal system.

We will update this thread when we know more.

Thank you,

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Engineers!

This issue shall be already fixed with the new game version 1.202.066.

We are closing this thread, now as Solved.

If any of you still experience it even on the new version, please let us know either by commenting here or opening a new thread.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!