This object is in archive! 

Sorters with more functionality

Sam Picton shared this feedback 17 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I'd like to see sorters with added ability to pull 'X' amount of components from an inventory. Those of us who play on Xbox don't have access to scripts like Isy's Inventory Manager to be able to set up cargo containers that will pull into themselves a certain amount of components, so an option in the sorter set up would be amazing. Say I have a welding ship building blue prints, I could set up a sorter behind a connector to fill up said ship with all the components required for the blueprint.

Just a quality of life suggestion within the limits of not having scripts available to us Xbox players

Replies (2)

photo

While Xbox players may not have access to scripts like Isy's Inventory Manager, there may still be some workarounds or alternative methods to achieve a similar outcome. Here are a few suggestions:

Manual Sorting: While it may not be as automated as using scripts, you can manually sort the desired amount of components into separate containers using conveyors. This way, you can control the amount of resources available for your welding ship or any other construction project.

Use Conveyors and Timers: You can set up a system of conveyors connected to your inventory and use timers to control the flow of components. By adjusting the duration of the timers, you can control the amount of components that are pulled into your desired container.

photo

Hope this can help.

photo
photo

I understand your suggestion for adding the ability to pull a specific amount of components to sorters in Space Engineers. This feature would be particularly useful for Xbox players who do not have access to scripts like Isy's Inventory Manager. Allowing players to set a specific quantity for each component would streamline the process of transferring components between inventories and facilitate the construction of more automated systems.

photo

Yes, I find it very reasonable.

heardle 80s

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file