This object is in archive! 

Better Endgame / Roleplay features

Tikos shared this feedback 19 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Right now in the current state the game is in, there is a lot to do. But all of it relies on the player doing something first. Build a ship, get to space, find pirates, go back, build bigger ship, repeat.

Like that fun an all, and has a lot of room for creativity. but not everyone loves the grinding aspect of it, and lack of major goal...or even sub-goals that the player doesn't directly set for themselves. so here is a few things I think might help:

Expand the beacon system: Make it so that once the player makes a beacon, or some sort of transmitter, their signal gets picked up by other NPC factions. be it pirates or trading factions. have the ability to become a sort of trading hub for ships. This might allow players to feel like they have a presence in the world if they are playing alone. you can expand on this further by having the ships that dock at their base give them tasks that are unique, like, "Oh my ship needs to be repaired" or, "I was attacked by pirates a few Kms away, I need help fending them off"

This would make the world feel a bit more reactive. Alternatively, you can go for the pirate route, making your beacon be a trap of sorts. once a ship lands you kill them and salvage it, raid their cargo, ETC.

You can even have your base become a target for the pirates, prompting attacks.

Better endgame: Right now, after you reach a certain point you get stuck in a endless loop of, build...gather resources...build again...then get bored.

There needs to be a better way to play, and i think i might have an idea. Building off of the idea of adding more NPCS in the world, why not bosses? Or more importantly, the leaders of the factions you meet? maybe you come acrossed a enemy alien faction and after you defeat them you find that their technology is far more advance than yours. Giving you incentive to go fight more ships to get better gear. ultimately becoming stronger.

Maybe after you reach a certain faction rep, that faction will give you a unique quest. and depending on your choices you can possible make peace with a rival faction.

perhaps even launch a massive space battle that you must prepare for.

That's pretty much it in terms of ideas,

(apologizes in advance if any of these are already in the game, or have already been posted. im fairly new to space engineers lol)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file