Asteroid Armory - Blue Bases Asteroid Voxel resets and blocks the entire inerior

SiHO colus shared this bug 20 months ago
Solved

as the Title says, the Voxel of the asteroid, where the Blue Base of the Scenario world ''Asteroid Armory'' was Built inside, the voxel soon resets completely blocks all the interior of the Base. i discovered this bug much erlier, but because i started this world once with Mods, i thought it were the Mods that caused this bug. now, few days ago i started this map again WITHOUT mods to build a Vanilla ship again after 2 years. but sometimes after i finished my ship, and docked it on the bay where usually the Blue cruiser parked there, i discovered that the outside deck of the base looks unusual glitched, so i checked the base and immediately saw that the base interiors are fillied with the asteroids Voxel. here is a video that clearly shows that the Base interior is totally messed up: https://www.xbox.com/play/media/H5PC9FBH

i dont know why the game does that, but because the game keeps resetting some digged areas (drilled or via voxel tool) but scenario strucures like pertham orbiter, or frostbite whe have giant in-voxel built structures that havent reset every time i played there i assume that you devs probably put something in like a script to prevent asteroids or planets voxel to reset. if its really so, then the asteroids armory clearly doesnt work. i dont know exactly when it reseted, when i discovered that for the first time with mods right after its release, i tried to remove some mods on every new started map one by one from my 23 mods list to check wich mod could cause it. the behavior of this reset is a bit strange, sometimes it reset immediately when start the world, but sometimes it resets once you have gone far distances and then come back, or simply exit and re load the world from menu. please fix this issue.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello Engineer,

Are you experiencing the issue on Single Player? So far we've been unable to reproduce it on our side. Could you please upload a world with the issue reproduced to mod.io and share a link in this thread? World has to be without mods.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Here is the World File: https://spaceengineers.old.mod.io/asteroid-armory-voxel-bug-report

This is btw the Map I encountered for the First time without Mods. You can clearly See the Voxel in the Base are Natural Produced, so I don't filled them (especially how I draw Voxel with the Tool is crappy as hell tbh) so take a Look. Like I said earlier, I don't know when it is Resetted, but from my Experience that I started that said World with Mods months before, it was instantly Resetted by Start, when I was few Kilometers away and came back or when I closed the World and later came back Playing SE again. One of the Two latter problems definitely occurred, I'm sure.

photo

Hello Engineer,

Thank you for sending the world. We will investigate this issue further. As a temporary solution we suggest keeping one grid owned by you within 3000m from the asteroid, preferably as close as possible. Any grid will do. That should prevent Trash Removal from affecting that asteroid.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

photo

That's funny, because the Red ship for example is 13km away (not in this World anymore bc I ended its Existence rights) so for Players who want to play this World a Definitely a Backlash. I hope you guys will fix this issue in the future. Have a Great weekend.

photo

Hello Engineer,

We've received word from our design team and we've reported this issue to our internal system. We will update this ticket when we know more about the fix.

At this time we recommend using the temporary solution, asteroid will not reset as long as there's one of your grids within 3km. Please make sure the grid is owned by you in the Terminal

Thank you!

Kind regards,

photo

This issue should be resolved in version 203.5

Leave a Comment

Attach a file