This object is in archive! 

Xbox input, typing and mechanical parameters

Marc Lamoureux shared this feedback 19 months ago
Not Enough Votes

First off I am tired of not being able to put in proper parameters for mechanical features, mainly speaking of rotors. Trying to set something to an exact 30° only allows you to go to 30.011, 30.012, 29.989 etc. You wouldn't expect .011° to make a huge difference, but it does, when making things that need to work in unison or timed sort of manner. I have been told this can be worked around by plugging in a keyboard which brings me to my next issue... It would be really nice to utilize some other functions of the game without having to plug in a keyboard and mouse... Mainly things like LCD text panels. Text panels do not allow you to enter down a line, basically making you write a run-on sentence that will never even fit on the screen. The only way I've been told to get around this, is to again, plug in a keyboard. If I wanted a keyboard, I would go on my PC, but I am a console player, I like my controller and there should be no reason as to why things can't be easily modified to use it, or the games features. Use the start button to enter text into the box, and use the enter button to actually enter down a line... Make normal nice numbers accessible when adjusting your mechanical parameters (30°exactly) or even intervals that adjust by .005 or .010, instead of intervals of .011, .012etc... You guys have done a great job with making space engineers accessible and usable for Xbox but there are still some quarks that I believe can be easily worked out

Leave a Comment

Attach a file