This object is in archive! 

Add Gyroscopes to Custom Turret Controllers

SiHO colus shared this feedback 21 months ago
Not Enough Votes

First of all I apologize for my not-that-good English knowledge.

The Custom Turret Controllers were a Great addition to Control Self made Turrets without being forced to Use Gyroscopes and Remote Control Blocks. But they are much more than a Great addition as a Custom Turret: Homing Missile.

The Custom Turret Controller is also Perfectly Useable as a Central Computer to Shoot a Missile to an Enemy. The "Slect Action" option let you control the forward thruster, so if the Missile Turns in into the Enemies Direction, the Thruster will push the Missile into the Ship/Station/other instance to Destroy the Enemy.

BUT there is one problem: building a Missile is Time extensive and is with the Current State not able for being Mass Produced in a Factory - as an Example. The Missile itself is a Subgrid that has 2 Rotors as a Main grid. The problem here is, projectors doesn't project the Sub or Main Grids (depends which one of them you start to Weld/Produce)

And apply it manually takes a Lot of Space wich is not good for Players that want Slim Missiles. My Solution: Gyroscopes. The Custom Turret Controller needs the Gyroscope as Horizontal and Vertical Rotor, so the Missile don't have to Waste space (especially if you built Rotors INSIDE the Missile) and it would be Capable for being mass produced in Factories, without being Worried that they won't work in Combat thereafter.

With this Solution you can even Make 1x1 wide Missiles and put them under your Hull/Wing like real life Jetfighters. With adding the Gyroscope to the Custom Turret Controller, we would finally have Perfect, fast mass Produced Homing Missiles with ease! So please Keen: Add the Gyroscope to the CTC Block.

Replies (2)

photo

I so appreciate you when you release this content. I can enhance my knowledge after reading your post. Could you tell me about the Control Self spacebar clicker? I do not understand it.

photo

Thanks for this info. I can get much useful avatar game thing from here.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file