This object is in archive! 

Xbox control/control settings overhaul

Not Givingyouthat shared this feedback 21 months ago
Not Enough Votes

The controls on Xbox lack smoothness and customization.

here's a highlight of some things I see that need change/are frustrating:

Firstly, there's no ability to customize dead-zone on a per stick bases, usually you want to have your movement dead-zone higher then aim, especially in the case of a lousy stick, this is a basic feature on all games. On top of this, I also noticed that the movement dead-zone for walking is much much lower then when using dead-zone meaning you have to take dead-zone the dead-zone much lower simply to not walk around accidentally, there's also virtually no movement precision whatsoever.

There's a similar lack of a horizontal/vertical slider for look sensitivity, and it's lumped into one.

the controls just aren't very smooth in general, I'm not sure what this is attributed to, it always just feels like I'm going in a straight line and can't adjust.

There's also sort of a need for control customization, where you can input map what keys pertain to what action.

These Xbox controls feel like they were shoehorned into the game, despite the fact that one of the biggest challenges in making a good game on Xbox is making it feel good.

Replies (1)

photo

Why not just show button mapping on the controller and a sensitivity setting?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file