This object is in archive! 

speed limit increases to 1200m/s

the biscoff baron shared this feedback 21 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Speed limit increases to 1200m/s. Before you click away I think increasing the speed limit would be good idea. large grid ship would go 1000, small grid ships would go 1190, and player would go 1200 also new 3 new tier of each thruster. when you fly your ship into a planet it doesn't do that much damage also if you ram into a ship it doesn't do that much damage but with more speed more damage. Now for the tier part so people complain about the bace game thruster not being that powerful so new tier, the ion thrusters first tier is the normal so 100 m/s speed limit then its slightly purple and you get 500 speed limit the next tier would be purple and do more block damage and 1000 speed limit and same with the other thruster hydrogen it get more red and more block damage and you would get it by doing quests. and that the end please add it and bye.

Replies (1)

photo

I'd say that 1200m/s is too much, but the speed limit should be increased, I'd say 200 at least to begin with. The problem is that the weapon range being so limited makes too high a speed a complete counter to any and all combat ships

photo

same argument but 250m/s because i've been chasing npc ships and when they flee you can't catch up to it

photo

I disagree, I think anything within the 1km/s - 2km/s range would be perfect and no changes to weapon ranges are needed; though I wouldn't complain if the got an increase.

Your combat ships need to be built with acceleration in mind, your enemy can't out speed your guns if your keeping up with them.

I run with an unlimited speed mod and the practicalities are you have a choice of whether or not you want to circle your targets and get into a prolonged engagement or make strafing passes unloading your weaponry as you come into range.

It drastically diversifies ship design and gameplay. It is also quite rare that you pass 1.5km/s as for the most part there is no need and it just wastes fuel or energy.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file