Please add airtightness between voxel and grid

Benjamin Czimm shared this feedback 3 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Please add airtightness between voxel and static grid (station). When your base and voxel make a close space, it can be helpful to reduce the number of blocks and consequently the PCU.

Replies (2)

photo

We will consider this feature. Keep voting.

Thank you for your feedback!

photo

I can agree with having airtightness between voxels and static grids. Besides allowing for much more creativity, it can also save on performance and PCU count. For me, if voxels were airtight, it could allow me to build asteroid bases that have hollow interiors as well as hangers and not have to worry about adding hundreds of blocks which would slow the performance down in the long run and also have to make the components the complete it. For those who are reading this, I think it would be helpful if everyone gave a reason for why they would want this to be a feature in Space Engineers.

Can you imagine being able to build something like Ceres Station from The Expanse and then be able to live in it as if it were actually a real place in space engineers? Just think about it. Being able to pressurize spaces in voxels will definitely allow for very nice cave bases as well as "hidden stations".

Leave a Comment

Attach a file