This object is in archive! 

Console block lightning problem

Artem Shalaev shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

I placed a console block in a room and now I have an issue with lights. If I point my camera at console block, I can see the room lit up. But if I turn away, lights glitch and the room become dark and after couple of seconds my interior lights start to work.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello,

Could you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you reported? Does the issue still happens? To report a bug into our system it is necessary to have reliable steps to reproduce in order for programmers to fix it.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Here is a video of this glitch. It is unstable but can be reproduced in the latest version on xbox.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AmgxxF_IoVZG-q7cdhV5H__oPBlGa6GVYT8

photo

There seems to be something specific about your console block, it doesn't happen to me when I try to replicate it. Could you please upload blueprint of the ship with the console block set up as it is in the video?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

I got this bug when I powered off my console and after that I resumed the game (It was not started again but restored instantly). If I simply start the game I cannot reproduce it either.

photo

You mean, you turned off your console and restarted the game? Did you have to turn the block on after restart? Can you describe the procedure step by step? What exactly means to "powered off my console" and "resumed the game"? I also still believe that the blueprint might help to reproduce it, as amount or position of other lights might cause the issue.

Thanks for your time!

Kind Regards

photo

On Xbox you can exit the game completely and then shut down the console or just turn off the Xbox and later turn it on and resume the game (it will be restored in memory). So the bug appears if I resume the game. If I exit the game and then start in again the bug is not here. But still I cannot reproduce it every time.

Possible steps:

1. Launch Xbox and start the game.

2. Play a bit and press XBOX button in the middle of gamepad.

3. Select "Turn off console"

4. Wait a bit and launch xbox (long press XBOX button in the middle of gamepad).

5. Open Space Engineers (it must be restored instantly and no loading should be).

6. See the bug.

I will try to get a blueprint.

photo

I wasn't able to reproduce it, it seems to be some combination of Console block and possibly interior lights. Previously I misunderstood Console and Console block, and wasn't testing it properly but even following exact steps for reproduction didn't help. (thank you for clear steps for reproduction, it is much more understandable for me)

I think I will need the blueprint or the affected world to be able to reproduce it, could you upload it please?

What kind of console are you playing on? Is is X or S? It might be difference because there are different graphic settings for each type.

Thank you.

photo

Hello Engineer,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it, we are closing this thread as outdated.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!