This object is in archive! 

advance setting max objects shrinks when it shouldn't

Michael Crawford shared this bug 4 years ago
Won't Fix

Replies (5)

photo

I posted first as not use to the new report set up.

Bug, when not even touching the max object setting in adv settings, the amount has shrunk to about 2/5 of the previous amount, but the setting itself doesn't change at all, so this is a coding error. I hand drill haven't messed with that bar once and it shrunk when fixing my PCU limit to be back to 100k (was offline then multiplayer for a bit, then deleted the other player's stuff and went into settings to make it offline, again), I usually have about two and a half inventory full in ore/stone before they disappear, but after fixing my PCU, it shrunk dramatically. I went into adv settings to try to find out what may have caused it and saved the settings, now I don't even get half of an inventory worth to be on the ground now.

photo

I do assume it is a issue connected to the 100 object bit going as default and 64 is the actual, so it would be it is multiplying the amount by 0.64 when you change anything in advance settings after the world was made, even if the objects count wasn't changed. I'm just doing an educated guess on the issue.

photo

Hello,

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Could you please retest it on current version and confirm if it's bugged? I tried to edit Advanced world settings multiple times but after that there was the same amount of floating objects present.

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Try looking at what floating objects there are in the world. I had a similar problem when I played on a moon that turned out to be a ship that crashed and produced tonnes of scrap. For the most part, clearing the wreckage sorted the issue

photo

Hello Engineer,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it, we are closing this thread as outdated.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!