Public Test Feedback June 2nd - June 5th 2020
I am very impressed so far as performance gains serverside. However, I wanted to list the current issues that I have experienced during this test.
1. Long "loading" phases during a player spawn on a server, sometimes crashes the game.
2. Much better, but still varying performance on official servers. The loading times listed above are much worse there than on a private server.
3. (Ongoing) Unable to publish to the steam workshop, steam cloud not saving blueprints.
4. Bad periods of rubberbanding, causes ships to stop functioning/ crashing.
5. Server mismatch error upon server restart, staying on the "Server host has left the game" screen after the server closes.
6. Production block load time changes interfere with the productivity of the block. From what I have seen, this issue prevents assemblers from building components, air vents filling a sealed room with oxygen, o2, and h2 tanks not being filled by a generator that has ice.
7. Cargo containers not accepting any resources/ components. This so far has one happened with medium cargo containers on small grids.
8. Subgrid build planner does not bring components to your inventory. When a large ship is docked to a station via connectors, using the build planner shows that the components aren't able to be withdrawn.
9. Walking on a large grid with your magnet boots is not smooth, as if you were walking over small hills rather than a smooth surface.
10. Disconnecting a ship that was attached to a ship with a connector and piston causes you to lose control of the ship, not able to slow down or stop, only rotate.
11. Asteroids and planets not rendering when you're in a pilot seat when you start in space. Getting out and back in seems to fix the issue.
Despite these issues, I am incredibly happy with the better server performance. I will continue to update this post with any other issues I come across.