Process world parts on different servers
Hi all, maybe this idea was already suggested, but I went though the fist 3 topic pages and haven't found it.
So - currently the PCU/player number on the server is limited, which impacts playability. It is not that interesting to play in a world, where there are only 16-20 other players. It is also not that interesting to play in a world, where you can't build big base/station because of the PCU limit.
My suggestion is to add ability to clusterize server machines and process different world's sectors/planets on different machines. This will improve the performance.
Instead 4 official servers for 16 max players each - we'll receive 64 in a single world.
- The game becomes really MMO - which would make it unique -> you'll get more players
- Many game mechanics (stations, trading, quests, corporations) becomes relevant -> you'll get more players
- Average players (who spends time in a single location building his own stuff) won't suffer from limits/heavy calculations happening on the other side of the galaxy -> players become happier
- One can set up multiple SE server machines in a cluster (cloud) for single world
- Each server machine is responsible for the part of the world and processes objects/physics there
- Machines talk to each other to synchronize speed and transfer objects (travellers from one planet to another)