Piston subgrids merge with main grid after copy/pasting the main grid.
Keen Software House,
this week I ran into a serious problem with pistons. I built a piston system as shown in attached images from 001 to 004. The system is almost invisible from the outside when retracted. Since there are two stacks of two pistons, there are four levels of grids:
- The main grid (the ship itself)
- The first two pistons (attached to the ship)
- The second two pistons (attached to the previous pistons)
- The elevator floor itself
As you can see in image 005, the grid are properly distinguished. The "Pulsantiera" (Button panel) is on the elevator floor.
However, to achieve this "natural" look, the elevator floor has many blocks touching the main grid. This is not a problem on the ship I built and the elevator is able to move without an issue.
When I copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the main grid somewhere else (even near the original grid) the real problem shows up. As you can see from image 007, the piston and the elevator floor are now on a single grid. This means, of course, that they can no longer move. This problem happens no matter the piston state prior to the copy, except if they are misaligned.
In images 006, and 008-012 you can see the structure of the pasted elevator in detail.
As of now, the two solutions I found are:
- Remove every block of any subgrid near the main grid. This means that I cannot achieve the look I wanted, and the piston system becomes either too bulky or too exposed. Even blast doors have this effect in my case.
- Misaligning the elevator floor with the main grid.
I really think this is a bug (what I paste is different from what i copy?) and, if it is, please fix it. I am available if you need any other information to recreate the problem.
Thank you in advance for your help.