Intel Graphics - Graphical Memory Leak
To start, this problem can be seen as some if not all of the colors and lighting within the game to promptly fail, resulting in colorless geometric shapes if not completely black screens.
The problem has been attempted to be fixed with a clean install, switching versions, downgrading to dx9 then back, tinkering of settings, validation of game files, updating of drivers, updating windows as a whole, but to no avail. However the following information can be gleamed.
- Upon looking at the torus ring of the sun, only silhouettes of objects can be seen.
- The bug carries across all versions and remains on computer permanently.
- Everything is normal when within space.
- Dx9 no longer has its silhouettes lose color, but the torus ring of the sun is still present.
- Enabling post processing makes the problem significantly worse as hexagonal black zones can be seen when not looking directly at the sky
This problem has also happened before and as such here is the following conditions that's triggered this problem both now and then;
- In both cases, both computers were using an Intel Graphics card.
- Both computers were playing space engineers for about 2-3 years with no problem.
- An update triggered this irreversible effect.
This has lead me to believe that something is not being correctly handled graphically wise when it comes to the Intel Cards. Attached are the logs and photos of the problem during this endeavor.