[1.192.104][DS] Keen servers are literally trash

József Szabó shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

I voiced my opinion on the status of official Keen servers, but only found deaf ears.

Ping (or roundtrip as they call it now) is purely trash. I have the same ping on every server, from the nearest to the furthest, it is always between ?120? and ?!300!? even though I am told to have !53! on the join screen. 53 would be playable, 120 is frustrating and anything beyond that is literally unplayable. I refuse to believe that I would have the same ping on a Czech server as on a French or German server while playing from Hungary, unless all the servers are located on the same spot, but named differently.

Let me ask: Did ANY Keen employee ever actually log in to one of them? Or they simply wipe it every few months and call it a day?

The content we are getting is great, but I can't really find any use of them in SP. Trading, Safe Zones, Bounty Hunting are simply being unused because of the state of the servers, although they are amazing features.

Either distribute servers better through Europe (2-4 servers/country is nonsense) and make sure they are located where it is displayed OR optimize the game to a level where it is playable with more than 3 friends.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file