Program Not Closing Properly - Zombie Process

JediKhan shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

I don't know if this has anything to do with Steam itself, as no other program seems to do the same, but I've been running into an issue where the Space Engineers program (EXE file or process) does not close properly. Despite having successfully closed the program and returned to my desktop by using the in-game menu, the program remains in my active processes list in Task Manager, as well as the game showing as Running in the Steam library. It can remain like this for well over an hour after closing the game. The utilization of system resources by this zombie process does go down, but does not fully go away unless. This does not happen all the time, but has been an increasingly frequent occurrence over the last week or two.

In the attached screenshot, you can see the process listed in the Task Manager, as well as the status of Running in Steam, however the program is not present on the bottom taskbar. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1809.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file