Subtype GatlingGun SBC entries bugged

enenra shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

Everything in the SBC indicates that the GatlingGun SubtypeId should have a reload:

<Weapon>
      <Id>
        <TypeId>WeaponDefinition</TypeId>
        <SubtypeId>GatlingGun</SubtypeId>
      </Id>
      <ProjectileAmmoData RateOfFire="700" ShootSoundName="WepShipGatlingShot" ShotsInBurst="180" />
      <ReleaseTimeAfterFire>204</ReleaseTimeAfterFire>
	    <DeviateShotAngle>0.4</DeviateShotAngle>
      <MuzzleFlashLifeSpan>40</MuzzleFlashLifeSpan>
      <NoAmmoSoundName>WepShipGatlingNoAmmo</NoAmmoSoundName>
      <SecondarySoundName>WepShipGatlingRotation</SecondarySoundName>
      <AmmoMagazines>
        <AmmoMagazine Subtype="NATO_25x184mm" />
      </AmmoMagazines>
      <ReloadTime>4000</ReloadTime>
    </Weapon>
Note the "ShotsInBurst" as well as the "ReloadTime", which are defined. That is not the case for weapon SubtypeIds that are not intended to have a reload, such as the LargeInteriorTurret
    <Weapon>
      <Id>
        <TypeId>WeaponDefinition</TypeId>
        <SubtypeId>LargeInteriorTurret</SubtypeId>
      </Id>
      <ProjectileAmmoData RateOfFire="600" ShootSoundName="WepTurretInteriorFire" />
      <DeviateShotAngle>0.3</DeviateShotAngle>
      <MuzzleFlashLifeSpan>30</MuzzleFlashLifeSpan>
      <AmmoMagazines>
        <AmmoMagazine Subtype="NATO_5p56x45mm" />
      </AmmoMagazines>
    </Weapon>
  </Weapons>
Thus, while I can't say whether it was a balance decision or not (that's a separate discussion), if the GatlingGun was supposed to not have a reload, it should not have those variables defined. That it has them defined, indicates an issue because any modded guns using that SubtypeId will also not be able to have a reload as a result - even if it is intended for the GatlingGun.

It also makes it impossible for mods to add a reload to the vanilla small grid gatling gun.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I just noticed this tonight while trying to creating a weapon using the GatlingGun subtype. Thought I was missing something. I attempted to get around this by using a missile launcher model with projectile ammo as ShotsInBurst and ReloadTime work fine with that subtype. Turns out though, you can see the projectile ammo particle trails on a local game but you cannot see them on a dedicated server. Both issues are pretty annoying, please fix.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file