This object is in archive! 

Cannot start world in Single Player. Infinite Streaming screen

KEVIN MENDOZA shared this bug 4 years ago
Won't Fix

Just downloaded Windows 10 into a new SSD so I could play space engineers again.

I've got a quite capable gaming rig with 24 GB ram, and a GTX 1070

However, I can't seem to even enter into a basic survival game.

What I've tried:

-> steam

-> start space engineers

-> Single player game -> custom -> solar system. Offline mode and survival selected.

I get a list of medical rooms. It doesn't matter which one I choose, but upon clicking 'respawn' or double clicking a medical room, the background says 'game paused,' and a circular 'streaming' loading icon spins forever. Single player mode never loads, world never loads, I never spawn.

I can press shift + escape to enter spectator mode, but it seems like time has stopped in the world I'm spectating. I can quicksave/load via f5, teleporting the dropship to my current spectator position, but I can't seem to actually play the game.

Upon quitting to main menu and reloading the save, I'm put right back at the medical room list.

Not sure what else to do to. Any suggestions?

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I have pretty the same bug, but after 2-3 minutes of Streaming, it finally loades, but I have very hard performance issues, I didn't had on my old PC (ca. 1/3 performance of my current one) with an older version (somewhere from early 2019). On my current PC, SE is installed on an M.2 SSD, and on the older one it was on a HDD (with other components from 2011).

My current system:

Ryzen 7 2700X, RX 580 8G, 32 GB 3000MHz RAM

Could that be the same issue?

photo

Update: I looked in the taskmanager whats happening while the streaming, heres what I saw: When I press the "Respawn"-Button, the used memory increases from ca. 8GB to 12GB, then i enter the respawn pod and it runs normal, but the used memory increases the up to 30 GB of 32GB, then the game starts having massive lags, ca. 0.5 fps at some times, sometimes theres one image for 30sec, but after some minutes of close to no response, the used memory decreases to 28GB and the game runs normal again. This is what I had with 50km viewing distance, at 15km (normal) there was only streaming until 12GB where reached and the it didn't increased abnormal, but after spawning an crashing 3 grids (each ca. 20-30 meters large), I had later some big lad spikes.

Was that helpful?

photo

I was able to fix my issue with this by turning all the rendering and options on the lowest settings when i never had a problem with this before on max settings and render.

photo

Hello Kevin!

I appreciate this thread is quite old now. Does this issue still persist on the latest version of 197.170? I will close this if it is no longer an issue :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!