Ladder attached to a rotating structure triggers Jetpack

Rodrigo Peetz shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

You can clearly see that the ladder attached to a static structure works normally, and the ladder attached to a structure that is attached to a rotor triggers the jetpack on and off.

Not sure if the Jetpack triggering is because of the structure being attached to the rotor.

The issue can be lethal to players with no hydrogen since they will fall down(on gravity) or float away(without gravity)

Video of the issue

https://youtu.be/owANzA1-6A0

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I encountered the same bug.

My setup was a station on earth with a rotor facing downwards as part of the station. Pistons in series coming off of the rotor had ladders on the side of them, and interacting with these ladders as the rotor is spinning caused the player to not attach to the ladder and trigger the jetpack. Rotation speed was set to -2.5rpm

When stationary or at very low speeds the character can stay on, but when spinning is increased it kicks the character.

photo
photo

I too have this bug. For me, the jetpack is activated after getting to the top of a ladder on any dynamic grid. So, for example, if I have a station on a planet surface and it is connected to a large ship that has ladders on it, the ladders will function normally on that ship only if it is connected via connectors. I don't know about landing gear, but I do know that the parking brakes are not enough to allow for normal ladder behavior.

P.S. Please fix this so I don't keep flying into walls. Thank you. :)

Also, there is a similar bug report here: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/automatic-turning-on-after-getting-off-a-ladder

Leave a Comment

Attach a file