Remote Control Autopilt Randomly Skips GPS Destination in list

Burstar shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

Set to follow a circular loop, RC will skip a line in the gps list. I think it has to do with the set precision mode on/off action.

Replies (4)

photo

this might be associated with the "inaction after reaching waypoint" bug. It's like after stopping at a waypoint the ship attempts to point at the next waypoint and accelerate. The ship might end up pointing at the next waypoint having not attained any speed. The auto pilot just seems to assume you have reached the waypoint anyway and heads for the next one, by which time you might have enough movement for the ship to actually travel to the waypoint it's now aiming for.

At least, that is what the behavior I have witnessed seems to suggest.

photo

eh im not sure. what ive encountered was if im trying to have autopilot dock and the waypoints are too close it then skips it. or for example if i have my auto miner go inside an asteroid to mine it then after its done i tried to have it fly backwards to the waypoint inside the asteroid it then skips it because its too close and tries to fly back to the next one destroying itself.

another issue ive had with autopilot was after it reached a waypoint it would face towards the next one but not move.... i passed this by setting up a timer block at each waypoiint to enable collision then disable it and it would proceed

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Autopilot just seems totally messed up for me. It will often skip coordinates in the list but still perform the actions associated with those coordinates.

With precision mode turned on, I expect it to NOT skip any coordinates.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file