Atmosphere Texture Causing Black Polygons

Connor McCarthy shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

Today is 3-23-2019 13:55 New York time. The game (on the pause screen) says that the update is 1.189.0 updated on 20/03/2019. Whenever I spawn in a scenario or custom game with planets there are weird black polygons all over my screen, as you can see attached. Others have said that it is caused by the planet atmospheres, and that disabling them fixes the problem (source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/0/3276824488714795374/). This happened on Experimental mode and Normal mode, and the first time it happened to me was the free weekend where I played the game with a friend (I hadn't been on that much before that anyways so it might've happened before if I loaded a map with atmosphere). I am still experiencing this issue but it seems like it is a niche issue because there is only one steam community forum about it, the one I had linked earlier. The custom game "lone survivor" works while custom games like "star system" do not. Some more information that may be of help is that I own the game on steam, I am not subscribed to any mods, I deleted all my other save games (which did not work), I wear the medieval engineers full set, I have owned the game for many updates, I have not uninstalled and reinstalled the game (which if it works I will comment on this bug report saying it has been resolved), and I have it saved to an exterior 1TB storage drive. My specs are a GTX 1060 with Windows 10 and Geforce Game Ready Driver 419.35. I do not know my processor or cpu but I have been able to run space engineers very well and still can. Thank you for reading and attempting to fix.

Replies (2)

photo

Uninstalling and reinstalling on a different drive did not work. The star system still has the black polygons surrounding my screen and planets, and being on a planet is also unplayable.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file