Asteroids not visible from remote drone camera

Roxette shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

Test world : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1686684753

Procedural asteroids are invisible to a camera placed on a ship that is under remote control (from a planet surface)

Replies (6)

photo

Is this because the player needs to be in the area for asteroids to spawn or because you really just cant see a known (previously discovered with the character) asteroid from a drone camera?

As in the same issue with the spectator camera, if you fly around in space you will not see asteroids get generated until you move the player character to the area.

photo

It is probably related to the changes for performance reasons, it was not like this in the past. A camera fitted to a ship should see the asteroids the same as a character, otherwise remote controlled ships become virtually useless beyond the view distance of the character position.

photo

I agree, a remote controlled object should have the same effect on asteroid spawn as the player.

Perhaps all the same effects as the player also should be included? Such as drones will target it and cargo ships should spawn near it?

photo

I agree with this. I'm trying to develop a play style where I basically 'pod' my character and remotely interact with the world in a safe house type of bunker. This play style is currently impossible. :(

photo

it's sad what's happened lately with the game.one problén solve the other two arose. The game becomes illogical and can't play

photo
photo

I agree that a remote controlled ship should behave just as a live player for procedural generation purposes. I mean, it's not like they have infinite range; they can only go as far as standard antenna range, which is 50 km. You can't control a drone via laser antennas since line of sight would be disrupted by simple maneuvering.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

It's still a problem, lost 1x large grid ship before Frostbite due to this (asteroid became visible with 100-200m, no chance to stop), and my drones still have the exact same problem.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file