Cockpit refills Oxygen without generator or ice in inventory

Arturo B. shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

How to reproduce the glitch?

Enter the miner ship in the save file, then watch the oxygen bar getting replenish without the ship being powered or have any oxygen regenerator on it or neither ice ore in its inventory.

Save file inside the attached zip file.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Oxygen from cockpits internal tank is used properlly with opened helmet visor. In case your visor is closed you reffil your suit O2 tanks from the cockpit but the oxygen level of the cockpit will remain the same.

photo

I have been experiencing this situation for a while. A cockpit with an attached O2/H2 Generator, once the generator has produced any amount of oxygen, will always refill oxygen even after the generator is out of ice.

Using the attached save file it can easily be reproduced by griding off the cockpit from the miner, rebuilding the O2/H2 gen, then readding the cockpit so it's connected to the generator. If you get in and turn on the power there is no O2 available to refill the suit. If you then collect any ice (I used a unit of 1) from the generator on the base, get back in the cockpit and place the ice in the generator, O2 will always be available.

I've had saves where the phantom O2 has lasted hours of gameplay.

photo

I've been puzzled by this as well and did some testing, sitting in a cockpit:

• If your helmet is closed, O2 will be drained from external tanks, but eventually the cockpit will not lose oxygen after they run out, effectively giving you unlimited O2 if you remember to keep your visor closed.
  • When your visor is open, you drain cockpit O2 at ~0.04 L/s. (This is close to the amount of air a human breathes without exercising, so I assume this is how it is intended to work.)
  • A single oxygen farm (perfectly aligned with the sun) and an O2 tank wont change that rate, though. I.e. it doesn't actually seem to produce O2 while someone sits in the cockpit.
  • 2 or 3 oxygen farms will stabilize the O2 level in the cockpit the same - no increase no decrease.

Expected behavior is that each oxygen farm adds 1.8 L/min (0.03 L/s), which would result in an effective cockpit O2 level change of -0.01 L/s with 1 farm, +0.02 L/s with the two farms etc. When the OP bug gets fixed, please also take a look at that.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file