Automatic turning on after getting off a ladder

Venca Khůn shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

PLEASE PATCH:When you get of the ladder, your jetpack turns on. While climbing up your hold W, but if you keep on holding, you will smash a wall and die. Please a add and an option to turn on and off autoturnig of jetpack after getting off ladders. It is extremely uncomfortable. Otherwise the ladders work great :)

Replies (11)

photo

I second this. It is also very immersion breaking when the engineer activates the jetpack after he climbed up a 100 m ladder :).

This happens on dynamics grids only BTW. On static grids it is fine.

photo

Came here to report the same.

Main annoyance to have planetary vehicle with ladders and being forced constantly switching jet-pack off. The only reason I putting ladders on things is because I don't want to fly there but climb...

On the other side - I feel that it's devs hack to no bother decidng where to put you after exiting ladder... Anyway, just tell us, are you going to fix it or we need to switch to stairs and ramps again?

photo

Same here. Just don't have the jetpack on. It takes full few seconds to figure out what's happened every time I get off the ladder. Leave aside useless jetpack fuel use.

photo

This is still a issue, please Keen fix this.

Had this issue's with this just last night, was getting really low on hydrogen as i was not near ice on a planet so i made a ladder on the side of my large grid rover to save jetpack fuel but every time i went up the ladder it would burn a little bit. Cut it really close before i could find some ice, was down to 12% or so.

Even aside from using jetpack fuel this is a big annoyance to have to toggle off the jetpack after climbing a ladder.

photo

+1 to this. I feel we should have the ability to switch our jetpack on (or rather "prime" it so we don't get kicked off) while we're on the ladder if we feel it's necessary, and doing so also sets the dampeners to auto.

photo

I agree with the other folks. Please fix this "jet pack on" after leaving a ladder on a dynamic grid. Smashing into walls and dying kinda takes the fun out of things.

photo

The is very annoying when you want a retractable ladder on a rover. please3 fix!

photo

Wow 2 years since first reporting and this bug still exists. Seems like Keen is not very keen to fix this :3 It always feels like.. why did i place a ladder here if i fly at either end of it anyway?

photo

This mildly annoying issue in vanilla having to shut off jetpack after climbing becomes very annoying on servers running realistic jetpack mods as you depend on ladders or stairs to climb up onto larger vehicles. If the jetpack activates you can easily slide right back off.

photo

I've been using a Workshop mod named "Remove all automatic jetpack activation" for several months now, and it has improved the game greatly. Not once have I missed having my jetpack switch itself on - Turns out it's a feature that I never need, and often resent. I wholeheartedly support this suggestion for a vanilla option.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file