Assemblers don't have a disassemble repeat option after contact update

Joshua Gold-Vukson shared this bug 12 days ago
Not a Bug

It looks like the repeat option has been removed from the assemblers when they are in disassemble mode. Tested on full size assembler, and basic. 43ff787a047a74cb992bd2513971389f

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Engineer,

thank you for reaching our forum with this.

However, this change was done knowingly and is thus by design.

Thank you for spotting that, though.

Please feel free to contact us again, if you see/experience any other bug/problem/issue in the game.

Will close this thread now.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I appreciate the quick response, but can you tell me why it was removed as a feature? It was a surprisingly important part of a lot of my builds. Is there something to replace the functionality?

photo

Moved

photo

You said this was done knowingly but it was recently patched thankfully. Do you know which it was? A bug or just a bad decision?

photo
photo

If this is intended, that means it's a Feature Removal that (in some cases significantly) DIMINISHES quality of life... for no apparent reason. The Assembler still has to poll the cargo network just as often for its other (still-functional) processes, so it can't be about optimization.

That's not normal.

We'd like a *proper* response to this, please.

photo

Why was this change made? Previously I was able to dock a grinder ship and unload the components to a dedicated assembler set up for disassembling and automatically disassemble the components back to ingots. Now every time I add a new component I have to hit "Disassemble All" Can you explain to me how this makes the game better?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file