Airtight Hangar Door (Visual)

Julian James shared this bug 11 days ago
Need More Information

All variants of the Airtight Hangar Door have a visual glitch where part of the door shows a few blocks above the door itself.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Julian,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem.

I have tried to use/place them or have them ready to be placed, but I have not seen the same problem as you are showing. Please see my image example.

Do I see correctly on the image, that you are using some mods on the save? Might that be because of this?

Can you please try the same on brand new vanilla (no mods) game, to see if the outcome is the same for you there as well?

If you would be able to reproduce it there as well, can you please share me more information? Is it happening in survival, creative, both? Are you able to reproduce it in all the worlds that you are playing on, or just in some of them? Are there any needed steps to reproduce that I should follow before being able to reproduce it on my side, are you doing something special? Are these blocks broken for you all the time, or it is working fine at the beginning and happens later as you are playing? This problem appears only when you want to place the block down, or it is present even after being built? Any other piece of information that you can share would help me.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

im having the sane issues and yes i did make a new save and the bug was still there

photo

Hello juan,

thank you for sharing your experience.

Can I ask... is the new save completely vanilla (no mods), and using the regular in-game doors; no modded, or as part of some mod?

If yes, please share that save with me.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This is happening on my end, as well. And the funny thing is that it's carrying over to the "S - HangarDoor - DX11" mod as well. (Steam ModID: 531851337)

However, the aforementioned mod isn't the cause - it works just fine when loaded in an otherwise Vanilla game. There is, in fact, another mod somewhere causing the problem. Vanilla doesn't have this issue for me, so it's definitely one of the myriad mods I'm using. If I figure it out, I'll update you guys, but for now I think it's safe to assume it's not a Vanilla problem (although it did only show up after the last update).

photo

The ghosting of the subparts comes from Build Info mod. It's because he used to project the subparts when placing them so you could see what the door would look like when closed. It's already fixed in his bleeding edge version.

As for all other hangar door mods, they'll all need updated because Keen changed hangar doors to place closed instead of open now so that change will have broken all of the hangar door mods, some of which will likely never get updated because the creators have moved on.

photo

Ah, excellent... glad someone knows, I would've never thought "Build Info" to be the culprit, to be honest. Would've taken me a month to figure that out. XD

And surely "S - HangarDoor - DX11" would be an easy thing to fix... I've never made a mod for Space Engineers, but I have experience in coding. Seems like it'd be as easy as making the doors be closed on placement, just like Keen did. Might even take a whack at it myself, because those hangar doors have been essential for some of my stupid-huge builds.

photo

It's not something you can fix in the block definitions. The physical models will all need to be changed to move the position of the subparts to their new default position of closed.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file