Infinite Cargo on multiplayer servers.

Scoobysnacks shared this bug 13 days ago
Submitted

I am writing to report a critical bug discovered on a multiplayer server for which I serve as an administrator. We have identified an exploit that allows players to achieve infinite cargo space in their ships, which could significantly impact game balance and server performance.

We are The Expanse Survival PvP server, and have reported issues in the past. We run the most recent version of the game, as of 10/11/2024.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. The player uses a plugin that allows for the editing of ship blueprints.
  2. Within the blueprint editor, the player sets the cargo container’s volume value to a high negative number (e.g., -1,000,000,000 liters).
  3. This alteration results in the cargo container incorrectly displaying and functioning with up to 4 trillion liters of volume, effectively granting infinite storage capacity.
  4. The exploit appears to be applicable to any block within the game that has a configurable volume value.
    I have screenshots attached.

We urge a swift resolution to this issue to maintain the integrity of gameplay on our server and within the Space Engineers community at large. I am ready to provide further details or assistance as needed to help resolve this issue.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this serious matter.

Best regards,

Scoobysnacks

The Expanse Survival PVP

Discord: Scoobysnacks

Leave a Comment

Attach a file