Lost Connection to Host/Server

Ruizbros shared this bug 43 days ago
Investigating

Hey,

so for a few weeks now, I and others are experiencing this very annoying bug/issue. I say issue because, our servers are running fine, I've checked my server logs and I've been able to play on it here and there. however, as of late, Whenever I go to connect again, it says lost connection.

So to make sure It wasn't my server for sure, I checked all the other open/offical servers. I would get the same messege upon connecting.

Ive validated, reinstalled, checked my internet, and nothing at the time seemed to work. Until I found others having the same issue as me on the steam disscussions.

I was advised to clear my cache, change my download region as there have been steam server shutdowns. Clearing my cache or changing download regions is the only thing that has helped. But its temporary, a every time I turn on my pc or log out of steam. I have to do the whole process again, and its random too. Sometimes itll work, sometimes it won't.

anyway, I just wanted to report this, as a DEV on the steam page said to make a report to you guys about it, as apparently its a known issue. the more reports about it, the better right?

Attached is the proof what happens when I try to join CA#2 as an example, and how I can see every server there is on the list. but yet am unable to join, unless I clear my cache or change my download region.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi, just wanted to add that I and 2 other players have the same issue. From the local network whoever is hosting the dedicated server can connect up just fine. Remote users cannot connect and gets the lost connection to host/server. We have tried removing mods/reinstall game, reinstall c++, reboots. It was manageable prior to day, now I cannot connect at all no matter what fixes I try.

photo

as a follow up, the fix for the two private servers was to reboot the modem! we're on fios, after this, we can connect to our dedicated servers. We never thought to reset this as it's one of those things that you usually never have to touch. hopefully this may help others.

photo
photo

Well unfortunately, thay doesn't work for me. I've done everything I can on my end. Checked server logs, checked connection. And I can confirm it's not on my end. It's on steam/keens end as this is a known issue

photo

Hello Ruizbros,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Sorry to hear that you are dealing with thid.

Can you please perform our general fixes/workarounds that helps most of the players to solve most of the issues. These steps are:

• Verify your game files in Steam - right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) - you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder - same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If nothing from the list above would work for you, please share me whole log file from your affected game session.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

As I've stated, it's not on my end. And this is a known issue with steam/your servers.

There's even a photo I've attached with a recommendation from a community developer on steam that tells me to report it to you guys so you guys can do something about it. As this is happening to lots of people.

My drivers, are up to date, I've validated, reinstalled, deleted all my files, tried other sessions. Tried official servers and still get the same error. "Lost connection to host"

It is not my server, as I've stated. My server has people in it. I can manage my server and see that all is well. No errors, I try to join official servers. And I get the same message.

And no it's not my connection, as I can play and surf the web just fine while trying to connect to servers in general. This is the only game that is acting this way.

The only way I can sometimes connect is to delete my download data cache, or to change download regions in steam. As you can see the recommendation from the developer in steam tells me to do. Prior to saying to report this issue.

photo

Dear player,

We are aware of two ongoing issues that have been reported recently:

• Some players cannot connect to EOS servers from Xbox or PlayStation consoles at all.
  • Many Canada-based players can't access the CA1 and CA2 servers despite them being online and players from other regions being able to connect to them.

If you are experiencing one or both of these issues, we'd like to ask you to provide us with your game logs, which will help us resolve this issue more quickly. To send a log to us you just have to go through two steps.

1. On Steam, press F1. On PlayStation, press Triangle. On Xbox, press Y.
  2. Then, navigate to "Report Issue" in the menu and fill in the form. You can write "EOS Issue" or "CA Issue" in the description. Please also add your nickname to the text on this Discord server.

When you send us a log, please follow these steps:

1. Send the log as described above.
  2. Try to connect to an affected server.
  3. Send a second log per the instructions above after the connection to the server fails.

Please, regarding ongoing issues, follow the news in our Discord: https://discord.gg/keenswh

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file