Sliding Door airtightness bug when next to another door

Yoghurt shared this bug 53 days ago
Duplicate

When a sliding door points to vacuum and the next block after it, on the pressurized side is another door, it behaves wrong. Opening just one of the doors but not the other will still cause the atmosphere to vent out, or just disappear. The problem lies with Sliding Door. I have tested many other combinations. Sliding Hatch Door plus an Offset Door works as expected, so there is nothing wrong with the airtightness system itself, but rather how Sliding Door handles it.

edit: There seems to be something wrong with at least one other way as well. I noticed a Sliding Hatch Door (outside) next to a Half Sliding Hatch Door (inside) has the same issue. But replace the Half Sliding Hatch Door with an Offset Door and it works as it should.

I made a short video showing the bug. I couldn't make it longer and show more of the experimentation because of the file size limit. But this shows the scenario and how to repeat it.

I have a ship that needs to use this exact configuration of doors as a simple airlock, which is why I have known about this bug for years. And also why I desperately want it fixed.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Engineer,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem.

I have investigated it according the provided information and files, and it seems that you are experiencing same problem as other players have reported here:

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/offset-door-has-wrong-airtight-behavior

Since this shared thread is in "Reported" state, kindly wait until there will be comment, update from our side and possible fix coming in the future.

If your problem would not disappear completely, or you will be experiencing it still after this one will be solved, please open a new thread with all the current information afterwards.

Thank you for you understanding. Will close this thread now.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The problem is slightly different than reported in that thread. I'm not sure sliding Hatch door was even a part of the game when that was thread was posted. Not sure what blocks are at fault. It is inconsistent. Different combinations produce different results. The ones I found to not work as expected were: Sliding Door toward vacuum + Offset Door toward atmo, and Sliding HATCH Door toward vacuum + Half Sliding HATCH Door toward atmo. Note that Sliding Hatch door is not the same as Sliding Door. In the thread you posted, one user concluded the problem lies in The offset door, but in my testing, Sliding Hatch door + offset door works as it should. So there you have some more information. would be great if this could be fixed considering how long it's been in the game.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file