[BUG] Timers and Action Relay's Broken after hotfix?

Kenneth Opdahl shared this bug 56 days ago
Investigating

Bug:

A single Timer block can no longer send several channels through a single action relay, Post a hotfix you now need to have extra timers or action relays per channel you wish to send

5f4429a813eb608fe7bc2fa928d2f927

Example Blueprint:

- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3320696486

Context:

After the signal update released I made a creation using the new Action Relay. It used 40~ channels

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3247945225

It sent 12 signals using example 1 (Right side with the red piston)

1 timer block with set channel and send signal repeated in 12 slots using a single action relay

Some time later, this function seems to have been broken. Example 1 no longer works

Theres no logical reason i can find of why you cant send several signals through 1 timer block and relay. And theres no error when your trying to do it so any player trying this will likely find the action relay to be frustrating as this both should and did work in the past.

The workarounds ive found are example 2 + 3 (Centre and Left)

Both requiring an extra timer or action relay per extra channel you send, so for my creation that would add an extra 22 timers or action relays for something that worked fine in the past.

6e9f53d4999126e9d47d9f64fde58224

Replies (2)

photo

Could be related, my timer blocks only freezes the action of magnetic plates when I add an advanced rotor 3x3 to my build, all other actions work like piston, hinges etc... Removing the rotor restores the control of the magnetic plates on the timer block, this is on a none modded and scripted world.

photo

Solved my issue, it was the ownership that got bugged after placing a block. Selecting everything in the control panel and switching the ownership to "me" fixed my issue. Hope any of this will help you with your debugging, good luck.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file