Dying in a cockpit and dying in a cockpit when the cockpit is destroyed causes last command to hold

Engi shared this bug 2 months ago
Reported

This is a big problem in combat. If your cockpit is destroyed and you die during that, the last commands are held and the ship remains spinning out of control. If you spawn in the ship, you will be killed by the ship hitting you. If you spawn somewhere else and try to approach the ship, you will be killed by the hull hitting you. The only solution is to delete the grid remotely as it cannot be recovered. If it has a remote and antenna and you can get in range, you might be able to remote control it and that might stop it.

In the video you see me die in my cockpit from suffocation while pitching up. After I respawn, the ship is still spinning out of control. I had to approach and because it is a small grid with an exposed cockpit I was able to get in the cockpit as it spun around after a short time of trying to position myself correctly. This immediately reset the last commands held and the ship stopped.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Engi,

Thank you for reaching our forum and letting us know about this issue.

We have put it into our internal system.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file