Improving Inventory Filters

misher shared this feedback 2 months ago
Not Enough Votes

When I first started playing Space Engineers, it took me a while to understand how inventory filters work. There are a few issues with them that could be easily fixed to improve the overall user experience.

Show Only Inventories of the Current Ship (Rocket Icon):

This should be a toggle option that works in addition to other filters. You should be able to toggle "Show Only My Ship" while still applying other filters, like showing only system inventories or only cargo inventories.

Filter Storage Inventories (Box Icon):

This filter should only display cargo containers. How often do you want to see lockers or armories that don’t even have ports for moving items? If anything, all those cockpits, connectors, passenger seats, and safe zones could be organized into a new, separate category.

Filter System Inventories (Gear Icon):

This category feels too broad. It should be split into multiple categories—for example, turrets could have their own category.

Overall, I’d like to see a single toggle for "Show Connected or Ship Only" inventories, along with a dropdown menu featuring as many specific categories as possible so you can filter out what you don’t need. Suggested categories could include: All, Cargo Containers, Assemblers, Refineries, Gas Tanks, Energy, Weapons, Cockpits, Unconnected Inventories (like cargo crates, storages, lockers, etc.), Generators (H2/O2), Connectors, and Miscellaneous.

Bonus Tip:

Please add an option to prevent certain blocks, like connectors, from storing items. See this suggestion for more info.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file