Godcrete

Ghost Gitk shared this feedback 2 months ago
Not Enough Votes

My dudes. Gravel has become an issue. Gravel has no use outside of reactors, and as a result, we have insane amount of gravel just sitting around. I propose we have the reinforced concrete GODCRETE block.

Uses an insane amount of gravel (because its a gravel sink)

Uses metal grids (because why not, its super dense BASE armor)

Is supremely heavy (because its immobile base armor)

Uses steel plate (because its armor)

This armor is the counter to railguns. Its also so heavy it cannot be used on ships. like at all. And good luck grinding it. It has such ridiculous gravel costs, finishing a base made out of these blocks would require DAYS of refining stone. And each block weighs like..... a gigaton? so heavy that a single block of this armor would make even grav drive ships immobile. This would be the new standard in base building outside of a sz, and a base made from this would be an actual chore to break through. This is bunker grade industrial defense material. If you see a base made of these giga chad blocks, the easiest entrance is to grind the turret, and then grind the conveyors feeding the turret, because manually grinding godcrete would take an hour (or more) to grind down. Even with those nonsense T3 grinders that everyone and their brother gets late game. Also making godcrete would be just as painful and expensive as grinding it down with a handwelder. No, to make godcrete efficiently, you need several welders working on the godcrete for a while. And good luck shooting godcrete with railguns. It would tank the railgun nonsense like nobodies business

Replies (3)

photo

good idea just dont like the name

photo

Yes, I like the idea of having unpenetrable blocks you can build at the bottom or anywhere at your base to stop sneacky attacks from underneeth and force them to go where your intended entrances are and all the turrets.

I should mention that there are already 2 suggestions like similar to this:

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/gravel-essentially-useless

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/encourage-people-to-build-bases-early-on-with-concrete-blocks

What I also would like to see is having really big peaces of that concrete blocks. Like 5x5x1(2,3) with big ramps (1x5 ratio) so you can also make decent roads with it for rovers, plus you will save a tons of PCU when building big bases.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file