Radio Antenna Bug

Zer0limit shared this bug 2 months ago
Need More Information

After the AI update Radio Antennas aren't working like they used to with voice chat.

Before only faction members could hear you when you broadcasted with your faction antenna.

In order for Non faction members to hear you, the antenna needed to be set to "share with all".

Currently ALL players can hear your voice even if you are using a faction only antenna. This is a bug and didn't work like this previously. Please fix this as it breaks another layer of communication exclusivity.

I could make you a blueprint if you want but you will still need 2 real people testing audio if you want to recreate this.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

However we can confirm that this behavior is consistent between versions 203 and 204, AI update did not affect voice chat in relation to antennas.

Could you please provide a video of the issue not being present on your side?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Might of been before the AI update. I don't have video of me using this but originally when I started the game maybe 2 years and a few months ago the faction antenna could only be heard by faction members. To have non faction members hear you we would make the antenna "share with all" and only then would they hear us. We tested it and it was widely used on the official server I play on although it might not be something that was noticed by the regular player base as they probably don't use that feature. I have other players not in my faction that can vouch for this as they were the ones we would communicate with voice through long distance using the "share with all" antenna. When done we would put it back to "faction only" and everyone confirmed they could not hear us anymore. We used it for months and one day it was possible for everyone to hear us even if the antenna wasnt shared.

Again this isn't something that the common player would notice. Only those that used this feature on a regular basis. Please help. I hope you find what you need in order to work the way it did. If I can help any other way please let me know.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file